Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Creating invitations for Grand Opening Black Tie Affair



So, I have finally set the date for the Black Tie Affair celebration for the new location of Jessica Ivy Boutique. The date is going to be June 20th. I'm very excited about this event. I have to say, it will be one of Richmond's highlights of the summer.

I have begun to create the invitations and they are turning out beautifully. I decided to start of with 4x6 inch letterpress quality cotton card stock. It's so amazing! I then chose a really nice shimmer translucent paper which I printed on and then cut down to place on top of the card stock. This really made the invite shine but, the best part is... The aqua Swarovski Crystal that is the dot of the lowercase "i" in Jessica. It think it adds some elegance to it.

I am using a simple satin brown ribbon to tie around the invitation when finished. I wanted something simple and not over the top which... if anyone knows me, I can go overboard at times.

I can't wait to post more pictures of the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment